Podiatry At Kardinia Osteopathy
What is a Podiatrist?
Podiatrists are highly trained and specialist health professionals who deal with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of medical and surgical conditions of the feet and lower limbs.
We currently have Podiatrists located at our Lara clinic.
Why should you see a Podiatrist?
Podiatrists love being a part of your health team, helping you to move through life and perform the activities you love.
Our team of professional, experienced and caring Podiatrists are qualified to help you with all of your foot, ankle and lower limb related problems:
- Plantar fasciosis/ Heel pain
- Medial tibial stress syndrome/ shin splints
- Footwear management
- Forefoot pain
- Stress fracture
- In growing toe nails
- Arch pain
- CAM walker fitting
- Hallux Valgus/ Bunions
- Children’s feet
- Running technique and efficiency
- Arthritic foot pain
- Diabetes foot care
- Skin and nail conditions
- Fungal toenail management
- Plantar warts
- Corns and callus
Podiatry management can also be beneficial as part of the overall management of more proximal (further up) problems inlcluding:
- Knee pathologies
- Hip pain
- Lower back pain
- ITB friction syndrome
Our Podiatry team use clinical experience and progressive Podiatry tools to assess and manage your condition including:
- Treadmill video assessment
- Doppler ultrasound
- Photodynamic Therapy (PACT) – Fungal Nail Treatment
- Laser scanned orthotic devices
- Running & walking video assessment
- Shock wave therapy
- 3D Pressure sensor assessment
What can I expect from my Podiatry session?
Your Podiatry appointments will consist of:
- Listening – we listen to understand you, the activities you enjoy, how your problem presented and how it affects you.
- Accurate diagnosis – we may need to refer you for diagnostic imaging (x-ray, ultrasound, MRI, pathology)
- Assessing and addressing the causative factors – we settle your pain and address the reasons why it presented.
- A specific management plan – we confirm your treatment goals, diagnosis, timeframe and management.
- We will be here to help guide you along the way – we love keeping people active, healthy and happy!
You could also bring a few things to your appointment:
- Footwear – work, exercise, casual, slippers, thongs… they all help us to help you.
- Orthotic devices – if you have orthoses now or previously please bring them along.
- Previous results – if you have had imaging/results, please bring them with you.
- Referral – a referral is not required to see our Podiatrists. Though if you have one, please bring it along.
- Clothing – we will get you to do some walking/activity as part of your assessment. Dress appropriately if possible.
- Medicare card, health insurance card – where applicable we can process your rebate at our clinics.
You can make an appoitnment online or if you have any questions please feel free to call 1300 855 189 or email (email@example.com) us prior to your appointment.